Hard Days are Ok! (Mom Thoughts)



When I dreamed of being a mom, I imagined cuddling with my baby and seeing him or her take their first steps.  What I didn't anticipate are those moments nothing prepares you for.  All parents have bad days.  Whether you have a child with disabilities or not, every single parent has challenges they face pretty much daily.  Every parent is going to have a day (actually probably many days) which seem like the hardest day ever, but it will get better and you will get through it!

You may be in a bad mood or just feel like you are done with the day before it has even started, and that is okay!  One thing I have learned is that those challenging moments are going to constantly come and go.  It doesn't matter if my son is 1 or 37, there will always be an obstacle I have to conquer because I am emotionally invested in his life. Some days it might not have anything to do with your child.  Your car could break down or you could have simply burned dinner that you were so excited to try once you saw it on Pinterest.  Letting those things get you down is totally normal! 

One thing I tell myself is to not let a hard day turn into a hard week.  I treat each day like a new start.  Yes, it's hard when you have a million negative thoughts running through your head, but try replacing at least one of those with a positive. If I want the next day to start off better than the previous one, I wake up an our early and have a quiet cup of coffee while I do something productive.  That productive task is usually something around the house that I have been dying to get done like dishes or laundry.  But that quick task really does help jump start my day to be a lot better than the previous one.  

I just want everyone to remember that you are doing the best you can and not everyday is going to be peaches and sunshine!  Take those hard days and learn from those experiences. 



Comments

Popular Posts