Making Goals (Mom Thought's)


As a stay at home mom, I quickly realized I fell into an everyday routine.  I know that is not necessarily a bad thing because it has helped my baby nap and feed consistently at the same time everyday.  Even though my days are filled with changing diapers and feeding my sweet boy, I do find that there are times I get quite bored. No, not because I am at home all day with him.  I realized it is due to what I choose to do all day with him.  After a few days of binge watching the Kardashians (I know everyone hates them, but I just can't help myself), I came up with the idea of creating mom goals for myself. 

After finding out Tobias was going to have some developmental delays, I realized I was going to need to work with him more. That gave me the idea to start setting some weekly goals for myself.  It helped that his doctors told me what I need to work on with him.  So for example, on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I would make a point to do more tummy time.  And on Tuesday and Thursday I would make sure I did not miss any of his jaw stretching exercises.  Doing daily activities has helped me feel accomplished.

Some days the goals are the same, but as he is growing older his Occupational Therapist has given me a lot more activities to do with him.  Not all of my goals are physical.  Currently I am working on cutting down time on devices and technology.  My goal for the day might be to only watch T.V. during his 1 o'clock nap, instead of during all three of his naps.  Do I slip some days?  Yes!  Are there days we are doing errands and can't get around to tummy time or other exercises?  Absolutely!  There are days Tobias is tired and just wants to relax, so I also change the goals for that day to just hold him and bond with some skin to skin.  On those days I had to learn to be flexible and go with the flow.

So whether you are a stay home mom or just a parent that wants to incorporate more activities with your child, try and find  the time to try and plan out a couple activities you think will benefit your child and family.  It is not only a growing experience for your child, but also a bonding moment for you as a parent. 





Comments

Popular Posts